Dr. Robert C Slater BA, MSc, DC, CME, DACO
I was born in Blue Island, Illinois and hold a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Georgia. I matriculated in chiropractic education at Texas Chiropractic College. I have a Master degree in anatomy and post-graduate diploma in knee biomechanics from the University of Western Australia. I recently assumed ownership of Healing Hands Wellness Center in April of 2014.
I am a certified DOT medical examiner, chiropractic orthopedist, and offer the highest quality chiropractic health and wellness care. My personal interests include martial arts, chess, swimming, furniture, cycling and physical training.
At en~Motion Wellness LLC:
Serving as primary treating physician at this clinic, managing all aspects patient treatment:(bi-lingual setting: En:Sp), *provider for all chiropractic and therapeutic rehabilitative services at this facility, *supervision of all staff and clinical activity, *coordinator of all legal and pain management services required on a case by case basis, *coordinated legal advice with all lawyers pertinent to workers compensation cases, and personal injury cases, and when appropriate and needed the same for cash and private insurance cases, *coordinator of internal and external marketing protocols.
Northwestern Health Sciences University In Bloomington, MN 5 months [01-06/2013] streamlined my clinical skill set by attending the Dr. Rob Radowski DC six month Applied Kinesiology and Functional Medicine series.
03/2013: Department Of Transportation registration is complete after finishing 16 hours of required training and successful completion of FMCSA federal examination (scheduled for end of August 2013).
National University of Health Sciences
- Location: 200 East Roosevelt Road
- Lombard, Illinois 60148
- Graduate and Continuing Education Department
- Phone: 630-889-6622 / fax: 630-889-6482
- Course: Orthopedic Diplomate Program
- Dates attended: 11/07/2009 to 03/11/2012
- Completed accreditation of 335 course hours
- Successfully passed National Board Examinations Part 1 & Part 2 on October 3rd, 2015
Texas Chiropractic College
- College: *Texas Chiropractic College*
- Location: 5912 Spencer Highway
- Pasadena, Texas77505
- Phone: 281-487-1170; Fax: 281-991-4871
- *Dates attended*: from 8/16/76 to 5/16/80
Doctor of Chiropractic, degree requirements completed:
- 5/16/80, date degree conferred: 5/16/80
- *4- Name of Institution: University Western Australia*
- College: *University of Western Australia*
- Location: 35 Hackett Drive
- Crawley, Western Australia, 6009
- Phone: 630-6488-6000; Fax: 618-6488-1380
- *Dates attended*: worked part-time on own schedule to complete Master’s
- thesis in Anatomy: from 07/01/89 to 11/20/95
Master of Science in Anatomy (study of sacroiliac joint in quadrupedal versus bipedal posture and locomotion), degree requirements completed: 11/20/95, date degree conferred: 11/20/95.
Diploma In Science: Biomechanics of the knee during normal walking*: requirement completed: 04/16/1997.
- *5- Name of Institution: University of Georgia*
- College: *University of Georgia*
- Location: 210 South Jackson Street
- Athens, Georgia 30602-6113
- Phone: 706-542-8776, Fax: 706-542-1466
- *Dates attended*: full-time from 8/16/69 to 6/16/72
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, degree requirements completed: 6/16/72, date degree conferred: 6/16/72.
Ongoing professional interests for immediate future are in orthopedics,nutrition, biomechanics, and acupuncture. Personal interests include martial arts chess, swimming, furniture and physical training.